CARO-CROF would like to announce the first CARO-CROF Studentship in Radiation Oncology. The studentship was open to any student in a Canadian Medical School that has completed his/her second medical year and before graduation for a six week period.
The objectives of the studentship are to provide:
- outstanding clinical experience in Radiation Oncology for Canadian medical students to assist them in career selection
- radiation oncology residents with mentorship and career counseling experience
- an opportunity to engage the CARO postgraduate education community in fundraising initiatives.
The following five recipients were selected for the 2012-2013 CARO-CROF Studentships.
- Wei Ning (Will) Jiang, University of British Columbia will complete his placement at the BCCA in Vancouver.
- Krista Lai, University of Alberta will complete her placement in Edmonton.
- Jennifer Kwan, Queen’s University will complete her placement at Princess Margaret in Toronto.
- Rachel Glicksman, Queen’s University will complete her placement at Princess Margaret in Toronto. This spot was donated from Quebec.
- Mark Corkum, Dalhousie University will complete his placement at the Nova Scotia Cancer Centre in Halifax.
Please join me in congratulating them. More information, please click here.
Pamela Catton, MD MHPE FRCPC