CROF is sponsoring a CARO member for The 15th Joint ECCO – AACR – EORTC – ESMO Workshop on “Methods in Clinical Cancer Research” between June 22-28, 2013 in Waldhaus, Flims, Switzerland. DEADLINE for the receipt of applications is February 11, 2013 (24:00 CET – Brussels time)
Dear CARO members,
This one-week, intensive residential training offers a unique opportunity for about 80 young oncologists to learn the essentials of clinical trials and be in direct contact with experts in this specific area.
CROF is proud to sponsor the participation of one (1) selected Canadian CARO member candidate with a study proposal in Radiation Oncology (sponsorship goes to the highest scored CARO member who has applied).
The minimum selection criteria for the Workshop are the following:
- Be a Senior Radiation Oncology resident or fellow within 5 years of completion of training;
- Be a CARO member in good standing;
- Be eligible to work in Canada after completion of training;
- Have a major interest in clinical research and have the intention to develop a career in that field;
- Aim to write and conduct a clinical protocol for a study not previously performed which is also;
- considered feasible within the institutional setting and the time of completion of the clinical training of the candidate;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and have good computer skills;
- Have support from the Supervisor/Head of Department and sustained commitment in the years following the Workshop;
- Only the CARO member with the highest score as per the ECCO selection process will be sponsored by CROF;
- The CROF recipient is expected to provide a written report to CROF upon completion of the workshop and prior to the 2013 ASM.
- Please refer to the Workshop Brochure for additional eligibility*
The selection process for the workshop is conducted by the ECCO, who then notifies CROF of the highest scored CARO member.
You may also contact the Workshop Coordinator Mr. Bruno De Man.
Please note that ONLY online applications will be considered and the deadline for the receipt of applications is February 11, 2013 (24:00 CET Brussels Time).
Dr. Melissa Azoulay (2012 Flims Recepient) on what attending Flims meant to her: “My experience in FLIMS was a fantastic opportunity to share clinical and research experience with participants and experts from around the world. It allowed me to design a clinical trial with sound foundations as well as to learn new skills in research methodology and statistics which will be useful during my fellowship, and throughout the course of my academic career. I would like to thank CROF and the FLIMS selection committee for allowing me to participate in this unique experience. I recommend the FLIMS workshop to all junior radiation-oncologists.”
We wish you the best in the application process.