CARO in conjunction with Elekta, is pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for the 2013 CARO-Elekta Research Fellowship.
Specific Objectives and Eligible Research Areas
The goals of the Program are to provide an opportunity for individuals who have completed their Radiation Oncology traini in Canada to undertake additional clinical and/or translational research training in Canada or abroad. The research supported by this program will be endorsed by both CARO and Elekta as relevant to the current or future practice of Radiation Oncology.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Candidates must hold or intend to sit the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada specialist certification examination in Radiation Oncology prior to beginning the Fellowship.
- Candidates must be resident members of CARO.
- The duration of support will normally be for a period of one year beginning July 1, with the potential for renewal for a second year, or part thereof (Separate application would be required). Individuals requesting shorter periods of Fellowship training (3–6 months) should provide justification for the length of training selected.
- A full report will be submitted to CARO and Elekta at the end of the fellowship period.
- Successful candidate may not hold any other fellowship funding simultaneously.
A complete application will include*:
- Completed application form
- A description of the proposed research project, and its relevance to Radiation Oncology
- Identification of the host institution and supervisor
- Written confirmation from the supervisor that this fellowship will be supported by the host institution
- Current CV
- Three letters of reference
- Photo and 150 word biosketch
*All material should be submitted in one (1) e-mail
Evaluation and Adjudication of Applications
Evaluation criteria will include:
- Scientific merit
- Relevance to current or future Radiation Oncology practice in Canada
- Broad alignment with Elekta’s research objectives, which revolve around precision therapeutic radiation therapy to treat cancer and certain brain disorders
- Applications for renewal will be subjected to the same assessment criteria. In addition, candidates will be required to justify the need for an extended period of support in relation to the objectives of the project
Successful candidates will be required to acknowledge CARO and Elekta in any communication or publication relating to the award. In addition, Elekta’s contribution to this program will be acknowledged each year at the CARO Annual General Meeting.
The deadline for application is January 7, 2013
For more information, please refer to the CARO-Elekta Research Fellowship page on the CARO website.